03/08/2012

Death Note: movies



Time for a review! :3
As you maybe know I'm a big fan of the Death Note manga and anime.
And last year, I cosplayed L and when I get good fake blood I'm going to cosplay Beyond Birthday,^^
Yes...um..And as you maybe also know they've made 3 Death Note movies.
The 2 first ones Death Note and Death Note II - The Last Name follows the manga/anime but of course there are some changes. For example Shiori Akino is Light's girlfriend in the movie, but not in the manga.

I recommend this film to anyone who has either read or
seen the anime. But it's a good movie for those who haven't too.
I actually showed this movie for my parents. They didn't know anything about DN but they thought that the movie was scary and "dark". But they still liked it.^^ ...I think... Now I just need to get them watch the second movie as well...^^

For those who don't know what Death Note is about, I'm going to write the plot here:

Yagami Light is a  college student whose life undergoes a drastic change when he finds the "Death Note", lying on the ground. The Death Note's instructions claim that if a person's name is written within it while picturing that person's face, that person shall die within 40 seconds. Light realize after a while that the Death Note is real. After meeting the Shinigami (death god) named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "god of the new world" by passing his "justice" on those he deems to be evil.


But not all thinks that "Kira", as he is called (Kira is the japanese pronunciation for "killer"), is doing
right. But by killing criminals the evil seems to disappear.. Nobody knows who Kira is.
L, the world's greatest detective, has got the mission to capture Kira.
It's now a cat and mouse fight between Kira and L - genius vs genius, who's justice will win?






Yes, seems good, ne?^^
You can always google the movie, manga or anime to find out more. I'm not going to talk about the third DN movie because it doesn't have anything to do with the manga/anime.
But I ABSOLUTELY recommend that movie as well - Death Note - L change the world. This film is set before the ending of Death Note II: The Last Name, which features the film version of L's death.

And if you like to read I recommend you to buy
"Death Note: Another Note - The Los Angeles BB Murder cases".
It's a novel that takes place before the Death Note series. The main characters are L and Naomi.


No comments:

Post a Comment